Ditch The Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe + Cookbook Giveaway!!
Have you ever met a chocolate chip cookie you haven't liked? Maybe not-- they are pretty great. But I haven't liked a chocolate chip cookie as much as this one! Simple and clean ingredients create the perfect cookie in Carol Lovett's Ditch The Wheat Cookbook. Not only am I excited to share her recipe with you, I am also giving away one copy of Ditch The Wheat! This cookbook has quickly become my go-to.
Check out giveaway details on my instagram and subscribe below to get my latest updates and winner announcement!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 16 cookies Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup arrowroot starch
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ cup coconut palm sugar
¼ cup coconut oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot
starch, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the coconut palm
sugar, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly add
the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Use a spatula to stir in the
4. Using two soup spoons, drop the dough in roughly 1-inch portions, spaced 2
inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms and edges of
the cookies are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when gently touched.
Let cool on the cookie sheet for at least 1 minute, then transfer the cookies to
a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.